Thursday, November 6, 2008

Ice Cream Penguin Christmas Card

I was very fortunate to receive a gift subscription of the Technique Junkies newsletter this year after they used one of my tutorials/techniques in the November issue. In any case, I thought it would be great to take advantage of the fabulous projects and techniques in the newsletter and try out some new tricks.

This Christmas card uses the "Cuttlebug Highlight" technique from the November issue. I sparkled it up a bit by added some warm highlight glitter to the white ink while it was still wet.

This is a pretty simple card but I always love the traditional white, green, red combination for Christmas. Its also the first time I've used my Argyle embossing folder! I know...its not traditionally Christmas but I think it works here.

Supplies: Cardstock (SU, Bazzill, PTI), Stamp (Whipper Snapper), embossing folder (Cuttlebug), epoxy tag (Making Memories), ribbon, die cuts (Nestabilities), Copic Markers, ink (SU! - white craft, Adirondak - pitch black)

3 comments:

Ret said...

What a fantastic card! I love the argyle background & the highlighting is just terrific. I like the red & green scallops, they actually give the card a really "christmasy" feel. Adorable image you chose as well.
Great card, Lisa!

Jan said...

Love the argyle background and the colors you chose for the card.
Keep up the great work.

Jan

Sarah said...

This is such a cute card!!!!! I love it :)